DIGIT-ARC read-only archive · snapshot: July 23, 2026

AMD FX 8320 & Asus M5A97 R2.0 for Rs.14,500 with 31 months Warranty Pending Still...

18 posts · originally from https://geek.digit.in/community/threads/amd-fx-8320-asus-m5a97-r2-0-for-rs-14-500-with-31-months-warranty-pending-still.177969/

bssunilreddy
bssunilreddy Original post #1
Sep 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
* Product Name, Manufacturers code & URL:
AMD FX 8320 : *shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Processor/FD8320FRHKBOX?SearchFacets=category:Processor
Asus M5A97 R2.0 : *www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/

* Expected Price: Rs 13,500 with Shipping Included. (Decided not to sell)

* Time of Purchase: April, 2013

* Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: Yes | 31 Months of standard warranty

* Reason for Sale: upgrading.

* Purchase Invoice Available: Yes

* Product Condition: 9.9/10

* Accessories Included: all the manuals, accessories, cables etc.

Note : AMD FX 8320 does not have the Stock Cooler.


*img11.imageshack.us/img11/5679/6aa1.jpg

*img24.imageshack.us/img24/6584/6ksu.jpg

*img856.imageshack.us/img856/969/ozdg.jpg

*img842.imageshack.us/img842/5046/x55h.png

*img855.imageshack.us/img855/6194/ms2x.png

Warranty Service: Retail CPUs Purchased New In Box

Step 2 of 4 – What is Not Covered by Warranty?

AMD is not liable under warranty - if through testing and examination - it is AMD’s reasonable opinion that the alleged defect or malfunction of the CPU has been caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation, or testing.
Warranty service requires that only the processor be returned. Do not return the heat-sink & fan that was packaged with your processor. Upon receipt of the processor, AMD will inspect for mechanical damage, and test it.

Source for above is: *support.amd.com/us/warranty/pib/Pages/pib-step2.aspx

Thanks & Regards,
bavusani
bssunilreddy
Sep 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Price Reduced to Rs.14k from Rs.14.5k
bssunilreddy
Sep 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Re: AMD FX 8320 & Asus M5A97 R2.0 for Rs.14,500 with 31 months Warranty Pending Still...

Almost sold in OLX but the local guy went back on my offer of 14.5k but kept asking 12.5k.This price is too absurd.

My offer of Rs.14k is still open....
flyingcow
Sep 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Reason for slae?
bssunilreddy
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Reason for slae?

Downgrading to AMD FX 6300 which is a 95watt TDP Processor suitable to my HP 800VA UPS. Overclocked 8320 is not giving any backup until it goes to 1400MHz zero core only it is giving backup. Also my Power bills have spiked to Rs.3000 per month. I want to reduce them a bit because I run my RIG at least 12-14 hours daily...
gagan_kumar
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM
dude a new fx 8350 will come at around 13k.......

that aside price includes delivery ??

and have u RMA'ed it ever??
vickybat
Sep 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Downgrading to AMD FX 6300 which is a 95watt TDP Processor suitable to my HP 800VA UPS. Overclocked 8320 is not giving any backup until it goes to 1400MHz zero core only it is giving backup. Also my Power bills have spiked to Rs.3000 per month. I want to reduce them a bit because I run my RIG at least 12-14 hours daily...

Ditch 6300 and go for a haswell based setup if you want to save power.
bssunilreddy
Sep 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Re: AMD FX 8320 & Asus M5A97 R2.0 for Rs.14,500 with 31 months Warranty Pending Still...

dude a new fx 8350 will come at around 13k.......

that aside price includes delivery ??

and have u RMA'ed it ever??

No I have not RMAed it ever. A new 8320 is costing around 10.5k, So what price should be kept in my Sale Thread dude...

Ditch 6300 and go for a haswell based setup if you want to save power.

Now I am not in a position to afford haswell based setup.
R
rajnusker #11
Sep 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
How high did you overclocked this? Does this beat a i5 2500 at overclocked state?
bssunilreddy
Sep 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
How high did you overclocked this? Does this beat a i5 2500 at overclocked state?

The stock is 3.5GHz and my OCed speed is 4.0GHz. See my signature man...

My offer of 14k is still open for the combo matesssss.......
bssunilreddy
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My offer of 14k is still open for the combo matesssss.......
bssunilreddy
Oct 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
My offer of 13.5k for the combo is still there..
bssunilreddy
Oct 5, 2013 at 6:29 AM
My offer of 13.5k for the combo is still there..
bssunilreddy
Oct 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM
My offer of 13.5k for the combo is still there...
bssunilreddy
Oct 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I decided not to sell my combo. MODS please close this thread....