DIGIT-ARC read-only archive · snapshot: July 23, 2026

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t or Intel i7 930

17 posts · originally from https://geek.digit.in/community/threads/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-or-intel-i7-930.129410/

B
bkarankar Original post #1
Jul 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Hi All,

i need to upgrade my system, budget is 50K.

i have HDD, Monitor, KB/Mouse and Zebronics Pro 400 SMPS.

now, i need to upgrade CPU/Mobo, RAM and GPU (SLI required in future)

i am confused in
AMD Phenom II x6 1090t (Approx 15000/-) or Intel i7 930 (Approx 15000/-)

which one is good, price are same for both (approx).

i am a gamer and also running Oracle on linux (Dual Boot mode), VS 2010 and few network critical servers like, Exchange 2010 and SharePoint 2010 and OCS 2007 with ADS (all those for testing).

Can you please suggest me which one is good. which is a good performance CPU now and as per future.

also, please suggest me motherboard which has SLI Facility, in future, it will be required. (if it come within in my budget then i want to buy it now).

Please give me your suggestion on those and help me to decide good one.

Thanks
Bhupesh
Jaskanwar Singh
Jul 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM
GO FOR NEITHER
just wait a 1 or 1.5 months or so until intel thrashes the price of i7 950 to the price of these both....i7 950 will kick them away..

and if you want something now only 1055t is the way to go......
B
Jul 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM
i am not in hurry now, can wait till Oct.

so, which mobo is good for this processor. i need SLI Support, because in future- ill be upgrade two GPU on my system.

one more think, do we have any dual processor motherboard in market for i7. it will help me to upgrade my system after 1 year.

my current budget is Rs 55000/-

i only need

Processor (i950 as suggest by you)
Mobo with SLI Support (looking for which is the best)
GPU (looking for which is the best)
RAM (Minumum 8GB) (looking for which is the best)

but, after one year (Oct 2011) ill upgrade my system - ill buy same GPU for SLI.

if i found good mobo which support two cpu now, then ill also buy a i7 next year.

Please let me know your view on this. also, hows eVGA Mobo.

if i have to pay approx 20000/- for Mobo then ill go with EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI (*www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp...ard Family&series=Intel X58 Series Family&sw=)


Thanks
Bhupesh
bobby23
bobby23 #4
Jul 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM
for GPU go for ATI 5850 1GB or 5850 17.5K or ATI 5870 1GB 25k
bobby23
bobby23 #6
Jul 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM
well asuuming you buy i7-950 after the price drops to 15k and a motherboard MSI X58 Pro-E 11.3k, RAM corsair 2*2 GB DDR3 6.5k, and ATI 5850 17.5k you get total 50.3k. And also you need a new PSU go for corsair VX550 watts for single GPU, for SLI go for corsair HX620 watts. Not sure of the prices of PSU but VX550 wil be around 5-6k and HX620 will be 6-7k.
B
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM
well asuuming you buy i7-950 after the price drops to 15k and a motherboard MSI X58 Pro-E 11.3k, RAM corsair 2*2 GB DDR3 6.5k, and ATI 5850 17.5k you get total 50.3k. And also you need a new PSU go for corsair VX550 watts for single GPU, for SLI go for corsair HX620 watts. Not sure of the prices of PSU but VX550 wil be around 5-6k and HX620 will be 6-7k.

Thanks Man, Thanks for your support.

but i decide to go with AMD.

i have final AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

The Reason is - i have tested both machine (AMD X6 and Intel i7 930) on my friend's home.

now, i just need to decide MoBo, GPU and RAM.

Hope you suggest good one.

Thanks
Bhupesh
Jaskanwar Singh
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:44 PM
yar you didnt test i7 950 na.......please my suggestion is wait..........it will kick these both proccys out of the way
B
Jul 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM
yar you didnt test i7 950 na.......please my suggestion is wait..........it will kick these both proccys out of the way


Hi,

Thanks Man, but i haven't tested 950 yet, even no-one in my circle has 950. but if i can wait till Oct then ill see the price else ill buy AMD.

and i dont think that it's (950) price down to 15000/-

now, i have finalized two things
AMD Phenom X6 1090T
ASUS CrossHair IV Formula

need to decide:
Two GPU (1 GB DDR5) Multi GPU Support
RAM (Memory) 8 GB

Can you please give me your view on this Config and suggest me Good GPU and Performance Memory.
Jaskanwar Singh
Jul 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM
IMO 1090t not worth extra 4k over 1055t....just 400mhz increase
1055t is a great OCer, oc will reduce whatever the minimal difference
B
bkarankar #11
Jul 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM
IMO 1090t not worth extra 4k over 1055t....just 400mhz increase
1055t is a great OCer, oc will reduce whatever the minimal difference



Thanks, but i am getting 1090T in price of 1055t (Jugad hai)
bobby23
bobby23 #13
Jul 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM
for RAM go for corsair for, GPU go for ATI 5850 1GB single card is 17k approx
pulsar_swift
Jul 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM
if you are getting 1090T @ 9.5K why would you buy I7 @ 14.3K ?
coderunknown
Jul 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM
^^ check well its 1090T & not 1055T. check the code on the processor.