DIGIT-ARC read-only archive · snapshot: July 23, 2026

Upgrading woes !!

24 posts · originally from https://geek.digit.in/community/threads/upgrading-woes.99587/

paper_heart_21
paper_heart_21 Original post #1
Oct 11, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Hey guyz !!

I have an assembled pc with a decent config. with 17"CRT, 1Gb ram, Intel Core 2 duo processor , 128mb Vram with Vista Service Pack 1 on board.

I would like to know the upgradation cost with min. 4Gb of Ram, 620GB HDD, 19"lcd monitor, processor ( if necessary ), A stable and well balanced OS.

Also suggest me a good & decent Graphic card with good fps !!

My budget is Rs30000 - 35000 !!
amitash
amitash #2
Oct 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Please mention the current processor that you own..heres the rest:
RAM: Transcend ddr2 800 2x2gb = 3.2k
HDD: WD 640GB = 3.9k
Monitor (optional): Dell SE198WFP 19" = 10k
OS: Vista home premium = 6k
Gfx card: Palit HD4850 = 9.8k
Total: 31k
Psychosocial
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM
^+1 (You know, its boring to type the same thing...... go with wat amitash said :) ).
amitash
amitash #4
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM
BTW u might need a better PSU if you dont have a good one then get the CM500W for 2.7k
furious_gamer
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Please mention the current processor that you own..heres the rest:
RAM: Transcend ddr2 800 2x2gb = 3.2k
HDD: WD 640GB = 3.9k
Monitor (optional): Dell SE198WFP 19" = 10k
OS: Vista home premium = 6k
Gfx card: Palit HD4870 = 9.8k:shock:
Total: 31k

Hope its a typo.....
Palit HD4850 - 9.8k.... U mean this..rite....
Psychosocial
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Ya...... it MUST be a typo otherwise I am going out to get one HD4870 for 9.5k :lol:.
paper_heart_21
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Thnx guyz !!

well also recommend me a power supply (smps) !!
paper_heart_21
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM
hey tell me whether i upgrade it or buy a new notebook of Dell !!

which wud be better decision as i need it for heavy gaming with some programming !!
comp@ddict
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM
Upgrade...

and one question!

Y has upgrading become a woe? I thought it waz moment of excitement!
I
imgame2 #12
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:39 PM
hey tell me whether i upgrade it or buy a new notebook of Dell !!

which wud be better decision as i need it for heavy gaming with some programming !!

u can't have a heavy gaming notebook in that price range...
paper_heart_21
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:44 PM
no for a laptop i consider my range till Rs55000 !!

I think dell laptop are available in that range !!

Upgrade...

and one question!

Y has upgrading become a woe? I thought it waz moment of excitement!

Well its a big problem for me !!

i never considered upgrading anything till now ,i just belive in disposing the old one and buyin the new !!
furious_gamer
Oct 11, 2008 at 5:54 PM
no for a laptop i consider my range till Rs55000 !!

I think dell laptop are available in that range !!



Well its a big problem for me !!

i never considered upgrading anything till now ,i just belive in disposing the old one and buyin the new !!
55000!!! Man u get a monster rig for that instead of costly crappy luxurious laptop.. I am sure u wont disappointed by investing 55000 in a PC now... Its the rite time to invest...
I
imgame2 #15
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:03 PM
55000!!! Man u get a monster rig for that instead of costly crappy luxurious laptop.. I am sure u wont disappointed by investing 55000 in a PC now... Its the rite time to invest...


but sadly not the the right time to buy ...dollar going higher everyday reflects in computer hardwares and electronics market ...:mad:..u will see more increase in price next week ....
paper_heart_21
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM
but sadly not the the right time to buy ...dollar going higher everyday reflects in computer hardwares and electronics market ...:mad:..u will see more increase in price next week ....

So what do u advise !!

To wait or go for it !!
I
imgame2 #17
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM
So what do u advise !!

To wait or go for it !!

if its not something u can survive without i would say to wait ...unless market goes in more trouble ...in coming weeks

laptop prices would affect a lot as high as 1~2k more than before even more

individual components are already getting costly by 200-300 rupees since about two weeks ..and after yesterday's dollar attaining a new high it will get costlier in coming weeks

if market will correct itself in a month then prices might come down ...but if market goes even worse here after ...things will get more costly ...

it all depends how dollar will behave against rupee in future ..and no one can tell that ..so its kind of risky to suggest u anything ...

it can go either ways ..
paper_heart_21
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM
okkiez i prefer to wait 4 a month as my father , who is a broker, says that after diwali market will gain a lot till new year !!
Psychosocial
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Ya sure....... it will be great and in a 55k budget, you will get an amazing rig.
I
imgame2 #21
Oct 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM
okkiez i prefer to wait 4 a month as my father , who is a broker, says that after diwali market will gain a lot till new year !!

thats a good news then ...till then wait for a while ..and perhaps newer and better gaming lappy come in indian market till then ...

and i would say its wise choice to wait ...:)
amitash
amitash #22
Oct 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM
Sorry abt the typo...editted now
comp@ddict
Oct 12, 2008 at 1:19 PM
If u wait, u'll get Corei7, if not, u'll get something which is gonna be pawned even by the low end nxt gen proccs in a months time
paper_heart_21
Oct 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM
hmm ok !!

well !

i consider to wait for next year then !!