DIGIT-ARC read-only archive · snapshot: July 23, 2026

Which PSU to buy ?

13 posts · originally from https://geek.digit.in/community/threads/which-psu-to-buy.57179/

S
spikygv Original post #1
May 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Hello,
I am very sorry for this repost . I waited for 2 days and none replied. Further I thought i was wrong in asking abt psu in graphics card thread.

I have a p4 3.00GHz proccy . Planning on buying 8600GT ( or some better amd card for the same money ) . I was waiting for the ati release . I want to buy a psu right now . My budget is max 2k . Which psu would suit these dx10 cards ?
Thanks in advance...

Again sorry for the repost.

Sagar
Kniwor
Kniwor #2
May 7, 2007 at 4:23 PM
city dude... In India there is no good international brand are available, antec is out of ur budget, some local brands make decent PSU's tell ur city.
assasin
assasin #3
May 7, 2007 at 5:16 PM
in 2k u can get the zebronics 500w platinum.
ssk_the_gr8
May 7, 2007 at 5:19 PM
go for zebronics platinum & wait a month or so for ati dx10 cards to be released......then u can get the best card
ratzee199
May 7, 2007 at 5:26 PM
go for POWERSAFE 500W PSU...it is good...though u hv to pay extra 300 bucks..otherwise go for TYPHOON..or Zebronics...though Zebronics PSU r not that good...
u can check www.itdepot.com...and www.itwares.com..for the prices...
S
spikygv #6
May 7, 2007 at 6:37 PM
i can get the psu from b'lore.
a bit confused . two of u say zebronics . and the other says dont . Hmm.
moreover , any idea as to which maybe available ?
and what specification should i look for (if any).
thanks.

PS,
its like this . i've set apart 12k for the upgrade and most probobly i'm getting the gfx card from dubai . now i want to spend 12k this way .

7k - gfx card
5k - new mobo + psu ( 3k mobo and 2k psu )

i want a new mobo coz this mobo i have now(asrock 775dual915GL ) doesnt support vista. which indirectly means it doesnt support dx10 ( i think audio is unsupported in vista for this mobo as it aint high definition ) . this is the primary reason and i have another reason for mobo change . my current mobo has a agi express slot which happens to be a pcie x4 slot which would be a slight bottle neck for a dx10 gpu . as i mentioned earlier i have a p4 3.00GHz HT proccy . i was thinking of intel d915GAV mobo , its got a pcie x16 slot and high defn audio ,so it should support vista . any idea of its price ?

So , suggest me a mobo and psu which together will be less than 5k . Also , i have to go for 915 models as i have 1 gb ddr333 and i am in no position to change the ram. I suppose my position is a bit complicated . . .
assasin
assasin #7
May 7, 2007 at 6:44 PM
u can also buy D101 if u can get it in the market now.
S
spikygv #8
May 7, 2007 at 10:08 PM
any idea abt its price (d101)? and what abt psu , i cant make a choice at all , with what the 3 of u have said . . .
assasin
assasin #9
May 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM
D101 sud cost u bout 3-3.5k.
afaik Intel has stopped production of this mobo.
S
spikygv #10
May 8, 2007 at 8:53 AM
i'll ask my vendor which he can get me . . . and in the meantime , what abt the psu ? do i go into zebronics . . .
digital2006
May 9, 2007 at 1:14 PM
sagargv said:
i'll ask my vendor which he can get me . . . and in the meantime , what abt the psu ? do i go into zebronics . . .

no!! never!!!!!

my frnd has burnt 4 zebronics psu's IN WARRANTY & the main cause was insufficient power.

dont go 4 500w. it is not actually 500w

instead as my frnd, go & buy any VIP OR NAVTECH MODEL(U WILL GET A DECENT ONE IN 2 K, ITS WRKIN ON HIS COMP NICELY)
S
spikygv #12
May 9, 2007 at 6:38 PM
ok , i'll try powersafe or vip and avoid zebronics.
thanks. . .
Dipen01
Dipen01 #13
May 10, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Same i would suggest...

Powersafe Gold Plated Dual Fan 500W PSU..

i bought it for some 2400/- in Jan